Friday, March 27, 2009

Raw

I read this article on the wonder that is raw milk. I learned that in Pennsylvania it is legal to sell it, so I think on my next trek though PA, I should partake. I do think it would be pretty cool to be an underground raw milk consumer though (meet my, uh, dealer in a dark alley, wear all black, grab my goods out of a cooler...). Unfortunately, it is illegal to bring it across the border into other states, so my consumption will be limited to PA (unless I am feeling particularly edgy, and like the taste of course). Maybe they sell it in Dutch Country and (after Lent) I can eat a whoopie pie and chase it down with a tall glass of raw milk.

Who's in?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun little story about raw milk. When I lived in Guatemala we would buy raw milk from this woman down the road. Lots of time the milk was pretty discolored. To cure the ickiness of drinking brown-ish milk, we would melt chocolate chips and mix in to make chocolate milk. YUM!

Destiny said...

That is hilarious. I wouldn't be able to stomach that. I am not drinking brown milk unless it is pre-mixed with chocolate.

Laura B from the LBC said...

I don't know what a whoopie pie is, but it sounds delish!