Monday, December 3, 2007

The woes of cheap denim

I bought a pair of jeans off of ebay. Gap long and lean, my favorites for $15.98 (including shipping). I have been eagerly anticipating their arrival, waiting by the mailbox for them. They finally came today. I ripped open the USPS package, excited to finally have another pair of pants since I left some at home during the move. Out they slipped and I was excited. Except, wait, something else was slipping out, wafting up into my senses. I ignored the pungent aroma of Febreeze and tried them on. They are a little long but generally fit well. Still smelling the febreeze, my legs started to itch a little. I smelled my leg and was taken aback. I assume this is what it feels like to be high. Yes, there was that much febreeze. Underlying the febreeze scent was cigarette smoke, which hopefully will come out with a few washings.

So, I hastily logged onto ebay, ready to leave my comments on the seller. These should be clean, and non toxic. I have never had an adverse reaction to febreeze but I have never bathed in it either. Positive, Neutral, Negative were my choices. Neutral I clicked and typed "Pants smell as if soaked in febreeze to cover smell of smoke." This was the first non-positive comment I have left on ebay. I'm beginning to feel a little guilty. Was I wrong for doing this? Is the smell of the pants that important? Am I wrong to expect items that don't give me a rash? Even the pepper-sprayed Miss Puerto Rico wasn''t this harsh. Well, what is done is done. I'm off to do a load of laundary.

4 comments:

murdockspencer said...

Yeah, the washing should get the smell out. Any time I've had a car that smelled like smoke, I've gotten a citrus spray, emptied it into the car, and let it sit in the hot sun with windows rolled up and that got rid of the smell. For some reason, the citrus will get rid of it. So maybe you could throw an orange in with the wash :) Good luck!

Laura B from the LBC said...

Sick Dest.....sick. I could not wear those pants. Sorry. But yeah, try washing. Many times.

murdockspencer said...

well? Did the stink come out?

Destiny said...

Yeah, it is out, and I totally wear the pants. It only took one washing.