Thursday, January 31, 2008

An ode to Madison

Not the President, not the river, not the city... the car.

I sold my Subaru this week, which was lovingly named Madison. She was a good car. She carried me where I needed to go, didn't give to too many fits, plowed through snow, and provided a nice overnight shelter on more than one occasion. Unfortunately the move to DC was done without her, so I had to sell her.

Her new owners better treat her well, give her some (much needed) love and not have road rage.

5 comments:

jessaveda said...

oh my goodness, I had no idea you were trying to sell her. A little part of me just died. Are you going to buy a new car? I'll keep an eye out for her...

Destiny said...

I know, she was a good car, if you see her, give her a kiss for me...

Laura B from the LBC said...

My favorite memory of her is still when you locked your keys in her....while she was still running. Or when you picked my parents and I up from the airport and my parents loved that you had flies(?) on your ceiling..

Ah, I am gonna miss that little bugger

Derek said...

so what ever happened to your parents subaru? did it get fixed? Do you have an friends who'll drop everything at a hat and drive 40 minutes to help you change a tire in the freezing cold? I hope so, but if you don't I would recommend not buying a new car.

Tara Werner said...

I'M SO SAD!!!!!!!!! I bet this just broke your heart. Oh the memories. Oh the fly-fishing poles you could carry...OHHHHHHHHH... :(