Sunday, January 31, 2010

Woman of Action

That was my New Year's Resolution. Become a woman of action.

I think it is a good one for me, it came about after this conversation with *ahem* a good friend:

Him: "I am a man of action"

Me: "I am a woman of lists."

Eek. I have things and places I want to do and see but I felt like I was s l o w l y becoming comfortable. Life isn't comfortable. It isn't supposed to be. Likening it to food, I don't want to eat plain oatmeal every morning. Nope, I like cinnamon, blueberries a little flax seed and make those steel cut oats thank you. Life is supposed to be spicy and juicy. Let's all be honest, we dream of a life worth being gossiped about. Whether it is our awesome job or our latest adventure overseas or even our random encounters at the grocery store. We want something to talk about.

So I am making these things happen.

And whenever I forget I am reminded "That was the old Destiny, the new Destiny is a Woman of Action."

Thank you.

*Making it happen moment of the week: I started Calc. II and I rearranged my room. I felt I needed new perspective.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Willingly I accept. The theme is interesting, I will take part in discussion.