Sunday, March 16, 2008

Idiotarod

Last weekend, I participated in one of the greatest events DC has to offer. The Idiotarod, like the Ididarod, except people pushing shopping carts instead of dogs and sleds, dressed up as idiots. We ran from Dupont Circle to Union Station with a few stops in between to spray people with shaving cream and take pictures. Being lifeguards, the whistles came in handy to stop traffic and bolt across the streets. Luckily, drivers were pretty willing to let us pass, I think they were just confused about the crazy people running around with shopping carts.





















5 comments:

Jen-E said...

hahaha! I really wish I could have been there to witness this!

Tara Werner said...

That is awesome! It sounds like so much fun!!! Anything wild and crazy going on while I'm there?

Tara said...

I'm glad to see that you haven't changed! I love you, Dest!

murdockspencer said...

What did you have in the cart?

Rachel said...

Love it. I'm just sad I wasn't here.