Friday, April 4, 2008

Sports and politics

There are two ways to fill out the NCAA bracket. You can watch the games, research teams shooting records, and fill it out based on percentage of three's hit this season. Or, you can randomly fill out the bracket. I do the latter. Well, I actually just pick a random team to win (this year Xavier because I like the name) and fill in the other slots. I have a friend who filled her bracket out based solely on the team's colors.


At work today, Roz and I were discussing political candidates. We came to the conclusion, there are also two ways to pick a candidate. I wonder how many Hillary haters know what her opinion is on tax policy, or the war in Iraq. Obama is such a likable guy, because, well... he just is. He seems really friendly doesn't he? McCain doesn't seem like he would be quite the kick in the pants that Romney would have been. Speaking of Romney, I would have liked to have seen Obama and Romney against each other, charisma would ooze off the debate stage. Uninformed voters would have to choose based upon tie colors, or shoes.


The funny part about this is though, in sports, the best generally comes out on top. I realize this could be debated due to upsets and the nature of the brackets. Who decides if the best candidate won? I like to think that the system works itself out. Checks and balances. And if that still doesn't catch it, due to government bureaucracy it takes years to get anything done.

3 comments:

Vinte said...

You'll feel more responsible if you base your random choices on a mathematical equation.

Laura B from the LBC said...

Haha, I have to say that I am guilty of the latter in the politics portion (although usually I am an informed Voter).....I am rooting for Obama simply because Hillary makes me throw up a little bit everytime I see her....

Tara said...

I miss you Dest!