Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fed Ex has it Right.

So I moved from my house two and a half weeks ago. RR and CK have been kind enough to let me bunk at their houses while I wait for my room to be ready. My room was supposed to be re-carpeted and ready for me on July 3, at the latest. Well, here I sit, no carpet in sight for about a week. My things are now all at the house, bed on the dining room floor, clothes in my dresser in the storage room, just waiting.... I finally asked the landlord if I could just move in and forsake the new carpet. He said that wouldn't be good, it is on back order and I should just wait it out. Well, here I wait, on the dining room floor.

In other waiting news, I am buying the car. A 2003 Toyota Corolla. I am super excited, and I thought it would all be nailed down by the end of the week. Well, apparently this was wishful thinking. First off, the lady I am buying it from has a lien on the car. This means she has to pay off the car, and then it takes somewhere around 10 days to release the title so I can register it in my name. 10 DAYS! Then, to make matters better, the woman I am buying it from is out of town all next week.

It looks like I will have a bedroom around the same time I have a car. In February.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Boo. I'm sorry things are so crazy. Let me know if you need anything.

Tara Werner said...

I love you Destiny, you make me laugh!!!!!!! I also MISS YOU TERRIBLY!!!!!!!!!