Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wait for it, wait for it....

Do you ever think about what would have happened if I had done this instead? I am sure that there are many who think about "what might have been." But I am talking about how different (for good or bad) life would be, if.... Sometimes this ends in fits of laughter, or "wow, I am glad that didn't happen," sometimes you just wonder....

I try not to focus on the past, and I can't think of a decision (for better or worse) I regret. I have learned from most, winced at some, and been very pleased at others. I feel like these most of these decisions have been inspired; the pawn that I am has been moved in places I didn't know existed.


I wonder how many times in life, we have the chance to take a leap, off of some tall cliff, into the vast unknown. Do we do it? Or do we hold back? I mean, the jump could teach us to fly, but the fall could leave us bruised, scraped, battered and broken. Is it a 50/50 chance?


Most of the time these descisions, like so many other things in life, are (unfortunately) not black and white. You worry about the outcome, what will happen. Sometimes I wonder if we are so worried about the potential distress the outcome could have, we make a hasty decision to back away from the ledge and walk away, safely. Other times I wonder if we take the leap not thinking about the potential distress and we are injured more severely than imagined.


Therein lies the predicament we face. How in the world do we make these descisions to ensure the best possible outcome?

I firmly believe in the power of prayer and the power of revelation, but I also believe we were given brains and we have to figure it out, and then patiently wait. The waiting game is generally the hardest. It seems unending. But it will. Everything will be okay.

For all those waiting... It will come, and it will be better than expected.

5 comments:

Laura B from the LBC said...

Good thought Dest! I always wonder things like that, mostly because hindsight is 20/20. I think we are led places for a reason and sometimes, there is not necessarily a black/white (or good/bad.....sometimes there is a good/good). But you seem to be doing well so far, Dest!

jessaveda said...

"I need an everlasting love. I need a friend and a lover divine. An everlasting precious love." you know the rest. obviously.

Anonymous said...

I love this post/pep talk. :) And I'm very excited to read your next blog post, which I hope is about your fantastic fix-it skills (with your bike wrench or whatever it was). At any rate, the dryer is working like a charm. LOL. You're the best!!

Destiny said...

Oh dear... There are other decisions to be made in life.

Tara Werner said...

Oh, how I wonder all of the time. Oh how many opportunities I passed up when I was younger because I was afraid of making the "wrong" choice. I think I FINALLY acted on one, though. Missoula has been one of the best decisions I've made (West was in there too).