Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Day

Bryson and I had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner. Really wonderful. Tom and Jenny, Colton and Adrienne, tons of delicious food; I love Thanksgiving.

On the way home we were talking about hobbies. Bryson and I are a great couple (if I do say so myself). We love hanging out, we have a great time together, and we laugh a lot. But… we have different hobbies. I spent a lot of time outside in Montana, fly fishing and hiking. I love skiing, running and cycling. Bryson loves sports. Really loves sports. He lived in a house with sports fanatics before we got married. I think maybe the only time I went over and a game wasn’t on the TV was during General Conference. And I am pretty sure a score was checked when the choir was singing. I don’t watch sports on TV. Life is too short to watch sports on TV. And football feels like a million hours long.

In our discussion Bryson reminded me of the bike he bought this summer to have a hobby we could enjoy together.

New goal: I am going to learn about football. Watch a few games (or parts of a game- four hours will make me want to give up the sport), read a few articles, learn about the players (more than just the players who have dated a Kardashian sister). Then I will make an educated guess about whether I really like it or not.

No comments: