Thursday, October 4, 2007

Washington DC

It feels good to be back. I flew in almost a week ago and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I moved into my very cute apartment on Sunday and started work on Monday. It was so weird to get ready for work. Here's a little MT vs. DC comparison:

The Look

MT: Whatever I wanted to wear. I rarely matched, whatever was on the top of the clean clothes basket was what I wore. Jeans were a staple. Shoes are optional.
DC: Office Attire. I wear button up shirts, skirts and vests. And really uncomfortable shoes. I have blisters all over my feet. Not a single blister during the marathon (or the training), and now my feet hate me.

Work Duties:

MT: Show up, break up an occasional fight, mock each other and talk about fishing.
DC: Deliver memos to congressmen, go to hearings, mostly general office duties.

CoWorkers


MT: Hilarious and (usually) inappropriate fishing bums.
DC: Professional women. They are all knowledgable about the happenings on the Hill, and have really great clothes.

Living Quarters:


MT: A cabin in the woods (My brothers called it a shack in the woods- tomatoes tomahtoes). The kitchen consisted of a fridge/stove (one unit). One night a bear walked past my house as I was walking in.

DC: The basement of this great house in the District. My apartment is really nice. Tile floor, leather couch, an oven. The Animals in this place are WAY scarier than MT, I'd like to see some griz compete with a rabid man eating squirell or my biggest fear in life, these HORRIBLE "sprickets" or camel crickets. They look like a mix between a spider (more like tarantula) and cricket. I think that creature from Spiderman was based on these. They live outside my house and sometimes feel the need to jump in, when of course they have a meeting with my shoe. Any hints on getting rid of them would be highly appreciated.

3 comments:

jessaveda said...

Destiny,

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I'm so glad you decided to start a blog, and so far I give it a 10. I'm Loving the title and other such quirky elements like "i can't keep track, United States." And, it sounds like you are conquering DC--fantastic.

Loves,
jvh

Tara Werner said...

Oh, what a different world!!! That MUST be why I heart MT so much...mis-matched clothes, inappropriate friends, going to work with bed-head. I LOVE IT!!!!

Laura B from the LBC said...

SO I can't believe I JUST found your blog and its only because I happened upon it on your myspace page.....I love it though! You rock, dest!