Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I heart Mexico

I just got home from my cruise to Mexico, oh the sun was great, especially since it snowed today here in DC. A few trip highlights:

  • I was in a dance off during a contest on the ship. I busted out such moves as the running man, the carlton and the mashed potato. I would have won (yet had no dignity) if I had resulted to pole dancing. Even if the guests weren't there to see it in person, it was videotaped and shown over and over on the cruise tv's throughout the ship. People kept coming up to me and saying "I saw you on tv, great dancing."
  • Kobe and Gabrielle our 11 and 8 year old Mexican tour guides.
  • Allan, our waiter at dinner. He sang, he did the conga, he danced, he did magic tricks, he had razor sharp wit... and he brought us endless amounts of food.
  • Endless amounts of food. 24 hour Ice cream bar. Enough said.
  • My family. Talk about a good time. I wondered where I got my dance moves from, now I know. My dad, my aunt and uncle, and my cousins can cut a rug. Beaner (BYOM) and Donkey were nonstop fun. I couldn't stop laughing.
  • Searching for a pinata at the markato which was just down the street. Then finding the Parrott pinata and making Melissa carry it around with us all day. I wondered why people kept staring. Then, the pinata got stuck in the x-ray machine on the way back. You had to be there, but it was hilarious.
  • I had the opportunity to take a picture with a wild monkey.
  • Mexico in general is a great place. It was all I had imagined. Chaotic, random and strange at times. I really would love to move there for a while.

Maybe my next job will be selling stuff on the street corner in Mexico, I'll have to learn Spanish, and invest in a monkey.

6 comments:

Derek said...

Did you get vanilla? mmmmmmmmmmmmmm vanilla

Tara said...

Oh, I remember those dance moves! Remember table dancing at prom? Did I just type that in cyberspace? I'm glad you found my blog!

murdockspencer said...

You must have been in a nice place, because the only place I ever went in Mexico was Ensenada, and I decided that if I ever cruise there again, I'm staying on the ship.

jessaveda said...

sounds like a delight. i'm glad you did the carlton.

Laura B from the LBC said...

Love it Dest. I am sad I missed all those memories (especially Melissa carrying around a parrot pinata!)

Wish you could come on my cruise with me!

Tara Werner said...

Sounds like a blast! Did you get yourself a nice tan? I've got a nice tan. I call it a guide tan. It encompasses about 1/3 to 1/2 of my fact--not necessarily symmetrical. It's ridiculous.