Sunday, May 11, 2008

I Heart Mom!

In honor of Mother's Day '08, I thought I would give the top 8 reasons my mom is the best:



1) Everytime I go home, she let's me raid her closet and lets me take all the best clothes.

2) She trusts me and my judgement. She let's me know I can make my own desicions, never second guesses them and sticks by me.

3) She put up with me as a child/didn't beat me when I would tell her "You are not the boss of me, I am the boss of myself."

4) When I tried to run away from home when I was 5, she helped me pack.

5) She is the best to share Popcorn and Licorice with.

6) She always makes everyone feel welcome (Laura, just eat the damn jello!) and loves everone, no matter what.

7) She taught me to fly-fish, a sport she is passionate about. She also took me camping and skiing as a kid, and made me the outdoors woman that I am.

8) She is more mechanically inclined than both of my father's (no offense to either of you). She has changed flat tires, fixed lawnmowers, ripped out carpet, and still makes dinner.

I love you Mom!

2 comments:

Tara Werner said...

I love the pic! Those bangs make you look so young...that wasn't taken THAT long ago, was it? Did your mom really tell Laura to eat the "damn" jello????????

Laura B from the LBC said...

I totally laughed because I can picture your mom imitating you saying "I'm the boss of myself!"....and she always feeds me when I come (I am afraid to NOT take the food!)