Sunday, November 2, 2008

Weekend Update

Thursday I had the opportunity to go the The White House and watch President Bush fly in on Marine 1. I have a friend who works on his speechwriting team and he invited me along. It was great. We also took a tour of the Old Executive Office Building, which is one of my favorite buildings in DC. I should have taken Pictures, it is beautiful. The library is lovely, as is the Indian Treaty room.

Marine 1 landing on the White House lawn

President Bush coming off of the Helicopter

Me in front of the Rose Garden and the West Wing/ Oval Office


I love dressing up. I don't think I have outgrown it from when I was a little kid. So Halloween is a favorite holiday of mine. Thursday night I had some friends over for Dinner in a Pumpkin and Pumpkin carving.

At Chipotle on Halloween, if you dress in tin-foil you get a free burrito. We made our costumes while waiting in line.


This year for Halloween I was a Spartan cheerleader. If you don't know what that is, it's a Will Ferrell and Cheri Onley skit from SNL. Those costumes are hand made by the two of us. We went to a few parties in VA and then walked along M street. People started cheering at us.

1 comment:

Tara Werner said...

I'm so excited I checked your blog today!!!! I love all of the updates and pictures! That is awesome that you got to see the Pres. fly in on Marine 1. What awesome experiences you're having ou there! I love your Halloween costumes too- BOTH of them!!!!!

EMAIL SOON!!!!!!!!