Monday, April 28, 2008

Days off are the best!

Saturday morning I woke up early and went to meet up with my running group. It was a beautiful day and perfect weather to be outside. The run was fabulous, I ran to Roosevelt Island, met up with the group, and we ran around the island. It felt so good to be in the woods, and for a little bit, while on a trail, I was brought back to Montana having to duck under branches and hop over roots. It was a fabulous run... I logged around 7.5 miles.

After the run, I headed home and while eating eating my veggie omelet, I got a text from Tom about going for a bike ride. It was way to nice to be inside, so I changed into my biking gear, pumped up my tires, and headed to Shady Grove. We biked Rock Creek- the whole thing (around 25 miles). We ended up in Georgetown, headed to Trader Joe's for some Ben and Jerry's, and ate the whole carton of it while watching the rowers on the Potomac. The ice cream was great, but didn't exactly sit well on the 10 mile ride home. The ride was great though, especially the part when I smoked Tom in our 1/2 mile race (I am sure the fact that I was on a road bike and he was on a mountain bike made no difference).

3 comments:

Tara Werner said...

Sounds SWEET!!!!!!!!!! In more ways than one...

Laura B from the LBC said...

You are such a bad-A Dest!

Tara said...

Now all you need is the swimming to finish off your weekend triathlon! You're my hero!!!